Interstate 55 & Route 61 (Diverging Diamond Interchange): Construction of the DDI at I-55 & Route 61 (mile marker 99) is set to begin with a series of lane reductions. Weather permitting, the following work will take place on I-55 at Exit 99:
- The right lane of southbound I-55 will be closed from Tuesday, Feb. 18 through Wednesday, Feb. 19 from 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily, to lengthen the acceleration ramp;
- The left lane of southbound I-55 will be closed from Thursday, Feb. 20 through Saturday, Feb. 22, to begin construction on the crossover. This closure will be in place 24-hours;
- The right lane of northbound I-55 will be closed from Monday, Feb. 24 through Friday, Feb. 28 from 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily to lengthen the acceleration ramp, and;
- Various lane closures, with a 10-foot width restriction, will take place on northbound I-55 from Monday, March 2 through Friday, April 3 to begin construction for the crossover. These closures will be in place for 24-hours.
Pavement repairs on Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau County will soon get underway, with a several lane reductions and ramp restrictions planned for mid-February through late April.
As work is underway, northbound I-55 will be reduced with an 11-foot width restriction from mile marker 91 to mile marker 106. In addition, southbound I-55 will be reduced with an 11-foot width restriction from mile marker 94 to mile marker 91.
The following ramps will have a 10-foot width restriction:
- Northbound I-55 on-ramp at Exit 91
- Northbound I-55 off-ramp at Exit 95
- Northbound I-55 off-ramp at Exit 96
- Southbound I-55 off-ramp at Exit 93
Weather permitting, work will take place from Tuesday, Feb. 18 through Thursday, April 30 from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily. In addition, northbound I-55 between MM 106 and MM 108 will also have an 11-foot width restriction and work will take place from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Sections of Route A in Cape Girardeau County will be closed as Missouri Department of Transportation crews replace several pipes under the roadway. Route A is located between Route 25 and Route U. Crews will begin work on Route A near Route 25 at Dutchtown, Missouri, and will move west—replacing one pipe each day. As work is underway, Route A will be closed in the vicinity of the pipe being replaced. Weather permitting, work will take place Monday, Feb. 24 through Tuesday, March 3 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.