Our policy is simple: we respect your privacy and we collect no personal information about you unless you choose to provide it. We do not give, share, sell, or transfer any personal information to others.
Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact the External Civil Rights Office (ECR) at (573) 751-2859. Persons who are Deaf or Hard of hearing may contact ECR through Relay Missouri Services at (800) 735-2966 or 7-1-1 (Toll Free – TTY) at least 3 working days in advance.
- While you browse the website our operating system will automatically record the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you accessed our website. For example, if you are connecting from an America Online account, the fact that someone visited this website using AOL as an Internet service provider will be known, but the individual email address of the user will not be known.
- The date and time you visited our site and the webpages on our site that you accessed.
- The address (also called the URL) of the previous website you were visiting if you linked to us from another website. For example, if you clicked on a hyperlink on the website for the Missouri State Fair to reach the MoDOT website, that fact is recorded. However, as discussed above, your identity remains unknown.
- The type of browser and operating system you used to access our site.
This information is used to monitor usage and improve this site. This tracking system does NOT record information about individuals. To ensure that our system remains available to all visitors, our operating system tracks unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Cookies are used on MoDOT's web site to help evaluate page traffic and site usability. The information gathered is strictly used to improve the organization and content of the website. NO PERSONAL INFORMATION (such as name, address, etc.) is gathered, stored or analyzed.
We request information when you fill out our web forms, such as requesting a state highway map, or correspond with us. Forms that request information from you will clearly indicate information that is required, such as name and mailing address, and any information that is optional. It will be clear when you are on a part of our site that requires personal information, because we will ask you for it.
If you send us email, the message will usually contain your return address. If you include personal information in your email, we may use that information in responding to your request. Email is not necessarily secure or confidential. Send only the information that is necessary for us to answer your question or process your request.
Links to Other Sites
Missouri Sunshine Law
As a state governmental agency, the Missouri Department of Transportation is subject to Chapter 610 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri, commonly known as the Sunshine Law. If an appropriate request is made to this office for information that is subject to disclosure due to the Sunshine Law, the Missouri Department of Transportation may be required to disclose the information requested, even if it may include your personal information.
For More Information