The FAST Act continues (without change) the MAP-21 set-aside of a share of each state’s STBG apportionment for use on bridges not on Federal-aid highways (“off-system bridges”). The amount is to be not less than 15% of the state’s FY 2009 Highway Bridge Program apportionment.
Federal funds are available to finance up to 80% of the eligible project cost, the remaining 20% must be financed using the LPAs local match funds. However, if an LPA replaces or rehabilitates an eligible bridge not on the federal aid system, utilizing their own local funds, they may receive a credit which can be applied to the local match portion of another federal aid bridge project; called a Soft Match Credit. More details for soft match credit are included in EPG 136.3.10 Bridge Soft Match Credit.
Off-System Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation (BRO) News
Missouri Regional Bridge Program
The Missouri Department of Transportation is pleased to announce the award of the Regional Bridge Program projects for federal fiscal year 2025.
The Regional Bridge Program replaces...
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is requesting project applications for consideration in the Regional Bridge Program for off-system structures. The Regional Bridge Program replaces the previous BRO program and will be funded using...
The Missouri Department of Transportation is pleased to announce the award of the Regional Bridge Program projects for federal fiscal years 2022-2024.
The Regional Bridge Program replaces the previous off-system local bridge replacement program...
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is requesting project applications for consideration in the new Regional Bridge Program for off...
Information on Local Bridge Program Changes
MoDOT has updated the process to distribute local bridge funds to a regional approach. 2022 BRO program bridge eligibility listings were recently added to the MoDOT website. We recommend that local...