The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program is a federally mandated program administered by MoDOT’s External Civil Rights Division. The office is responsible for the certification of firms owned and operated by socially and economically disadvantage individuals.
The overall goal of the program is to provide opportunities to participate in the economic benefits of highway construction to small businesses owned and operated by disadvantaged individuals.
MoDOT has submitted a DBE Program to the U.S. Department of Transportation that documents the specific policies MoDOT has developed for the administration of the program and statewide overall goal. The overall goal is updated every three years. The program document is available below.
- MRCC Policy (revised January 2016)
- MRCC DBE Directory - compiled DBE Directory for UCP (City of St. Louis/Lambert Airport Authority, Metro, City of Kansas City, Kansas City Area Transportation Authority and Missouri Department of Transportation)
New Certified DBE Firms (November 2018)
DBE Certification Removals (November 2018)
- DBE Eligibility Requirements - Specific Eligibility Requirements for 49 CFR Part 26
- Notice of DBE Certification Voluntary Withdrawal
- Good Faith Effort (GFE) Review
- USDOT DBE Questions and Answers
- Supportive Services Information
- MoDOT DBE Program (October 2017) - updated version posted December 2017
DBE Application Packet
- MoDOT Annual Update Form
- NAICS Code Expansion Form
- DBE Substitution Form
- DBE Contractor/Subcontractor Project Trucker and Equipment List
- DBE Contractor/Subcontractor Project Trucker and Equipment List - Instructions
MoDOT Application & Form Submittal Address:
External Civil Rights Division
1617 Missouri Blvd.
P.O. Box 270
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Disclaimer: The Missouri Regional Certification Committee DBE Database should be checked, routinely, (a) to confirm if a DBE firm has maintained certification and (b) that the DBE is certified in a particular NAICS Code. The three number NAICS codes and the general description provided in the “Entrepreneurship Training Program Graduates” document provides an overview of the scope of work represented by the DBE firms that have participated in the Entrepreneur Training Program. This list does not constitute an endorsement by MoDOT of any firm listed, but is only intended to acknowledge the participation of these firms in MoDOT’s Entrepreneurship Training Program.