The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program is a federally mandated program administered by MoDOT’s External Civil Rights Division. The office is responsible for the certification of firms owned and operated by socially and economically disadvantage individuals.
The overall intent of the program is to provide opportunities to participate in the economic benefits of highway construction to small businesses owned and operated by disadvantaged individuals.
MoDOT has submitted a DBE Program to the U.S. Department of Transportation that documents the specific policies MoDOT has developed for the administration of the program and statewide overall goal. The overall goal is updated every three years. The program document is available below.
- MRCC DBE Directory - compiled DBE Directory for UCP (City of St. Louis/Lambert Airport Authority, Metro, City of Kansas City, Kansas City Area Transportation Authority and Missouri Department of Transportation)
- The Missouri Regional Certification Committee DBE Database should be checked, routinely, (a) to confirm if a DBE firm has maintained certification and (b) that the DBE is certified in a particular NAICS Code.
New Certified DBE Firms (October 2020)
DBE Certification Removals (October 2020)
- DBE Eligibility Requirements - Specific Eligibility Requirements for 49 CFR Part 26
- Notice of DBE Certification Voluntary Withdrawal
- Good Faith Effort (GFE) Review
- USDOT DBE Questions and Answers
- Supportive Services Information
- MoDOT DBE Program (October 2017) - updated version posted December 2017
DBE Application Packet
- MoDOT DBE Application
- Personal Net Worth Form
- DBE Interstate Certification Checklist
- DBE Interstate Affidavit
Additional Forms and Resources:
- MoDOT Annual Update Form
- NAICS Code Expansion Form
- DBE Substitution Form
- DBE Contractor/Subcontractor Project Trucker and Equipment List
- DBE Contractor/Subcontractor Project Trucker and Equipment List - Instructions
- Guidance on Bidding Opportunities
MoDOT Application & Form Submittal Address:
External Civil Rights Division
1617 Missouri Blvd.
P.O. Box 270
Jefferson City, MO 65102
MoDOT’s Mentor-Protégé Program centers on the development of mutually beneficial business relationships between DBE firms and prime contractors.
Mentor-Protégé teams come together for a specific project or for general capacity building and development of the DBE firm for up to three years.
MoDOT’s Mentor-Protégé Program is consistent with goals and guidelines outlined within FHWA Title 49 CFR, Part 26.
Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program
The Missouri Department of Transportation has developed the Mentor Protégé Recognition Program (MPRP) to acknowledge the informal relationships that DBE firms and prime consultant and/or prime contractors have established. Click for additional information
Current Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program Participants
- Will Sanders, A-Plus Contractors LLC (MPRP Protégé) and Brian Goggins, Byrne & Jones Construction (MPRP Mentor)