Updated: 08/31/2020 - Updated Dept. extension for existing certifications
Updated: 03/23/2020 – Updated Rolla, No May Certifications and STC IRI information
Updated: 03/19/2020 – 1st posting
TCP course updates due to the Covid-19:
- (MST) Rolla S&T: Certifications for March and April are postponed to a later date. Keep checking the MoDOT TCP Course Calendar for updates.
- (STC) State Technical College, Linn: Certifications courses for March and April are postponed including IRI Profile Equipment Certification. These courses are being rescheduled in May and June, see STC web calendar for updates.
STC Link: https://www2.registerblast.com/statetechmo/Exam/List
NOTE: IRI Profile equipment certifications from 2019 will remain in effect for MoDOT construction projects until future certification testing can be scheduled.
- (CL) Central Laboratory, Jefferson City: Certifications for March and April are postponed to a later date. Keep checking the MoDOT TCP Course Calendar for updates.
- With COVID-19 continuing to spread, the department has decided to extend Technician Certifications another 6 months to February 1, 2021
- All certifications that are up for RENEWAL in 2020 will be extended to September 1st, 2020.
- All NEW technicians can apply for a 6-Month Registered Internship.
NOTE: This will include technicians with one or two certifications already completed.
To request an Application email: Donna.firstname.lastname@example.org
- RECIPROCITIES will continue as usual.
- For technicians needing to RETAKE AN EXAM, call your local district for scheduling.
The purpose of the TCP is to ensure the quality of materials incorporated into MoDOT projects by supporting proper and uniform procedures among individuals responsible for the sampling and acceptance testing (including IAS and FAST) of certain non-manufactured materials used in transportation construction projects. These materials are aggregates, soil, concrete and asphalt.
All technicians who perform, or are required by the FHWA to witness, such sampling and testing shall be deemed as qualified by virtue of successfully completing the requirements of the TCP for that specific technical area. They will be identified by a certification card issued by the certifying authority. The card will note the expiration date and each certification level. Any individual who has not been qualified is not eligible to perform these functions on MoDOT
projects on the National Highway System.
How do I become certified?
- Attend a certification course
What Certification Levels do I need?
- Specifics about which tests are certified
For submitting request forms or for additional information contact:
MoDOT Construction and Materials Division
P. O. Box 270
Jefferson City, MO 65102
fax at 573-751-8682
e-mail at Donna.Hoeller@modot.mo.gov
These manuals are Adobe downloads of the TCP manuals for use to prepare for certification, personal review, or reference.
A bound version of each manual will be provided to you at the time you attend a class, and is yours to keep. Every effort is being made to keep manuals as up-to-date as possible. Be aware that specifications and/or test methods change frequently and the information in these manuals may not be current.