TCP course updates due to Covid-19:
1. (MST) Rolla S&T: • Will no longer host MoDOT Certifications. MoDOT is currently negotiating a contract with another school that will provide Superpave, TSR, HMA, and BI. Until then, these certifications that are up for RENEWAL in 2020 & 2021 have been extended to February 1st.
2. (STC) State Technical College, Linn: • State Technical College will begin the next certification season this November.
• First time certifications will be in person on State Tech College campus in Linn.
• All certifications renewals will be virtual.
• Changes in certification costs, see Figure 2.
3. (CL) Central Laboratory, Jefferson City: • Aggregate Specific Gravity will now be at State Technical College added to Aggregate Technician Certification.
• Renewal Certification Testing for HMA, Superpave, and TSR will now be offered at the Central Laboratory beginning in October, check the Course Calendar on the web.
• All NEW technicians can apply for a 6-Month Registered Internship that can be renewed until they are certified in 2021-2022.
(To request for a Registered Intern application, email: Donna.firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. NEW! Under RESOURCES, available for all testers, • Superpave Homework
• Superpave Power-Point to use with homework as a review before testing
• HMA homework
• Superpave, HMA, TSR, and BI Proficiencies will be posted on the web to study for testing.
5. NEW! Donna’s Announcement Page. Just updated on 09/30/2021
The purpose of the TCP is to ensure the quality of materials incorporated into MoDOT projects by supporting proper and uniform procedures among individuals responsible for the sampling and acceptance testing (including IAS and FAST) of certain non-manufactured materials used in transportation construction projects. These materials are aggregates, soil, concrete and asphalt.
All technicians who perform, or are required by the FHWA to witness, such sampling and testing shall be deemed as qualified by virtue of successfully completing the requirements of the TCP for that specific technical area. They will be identified by a certification card issued by the certifying authority. The card will note the expiration date and each certification level. Any individual who has not been qualified is not eligible to perform these functions on MoDOT
projects on the National Highway System.
What Certification Levels do I need?
- Specifics about which tests are certified
These manuals are Adobe downloads of the TCP manuals for use to prepare for certification, personal review, or reference.
A bound version of each manual will be provided to you at the time you attend a class, and is yours to keep. Every effort is being made to keep manuals as up-to-date as possible. Be aware that specifications and/or test methods change frequently and the information in these manuals may not be current.
For submitting request forms or for additional information contact:
MoDOT Construction and Materials Division
P. O. Box 270
Jefferson City, MO 65102
fax at 573-751-8682
e-mail at Donna.Hoeller@modot.mo.gov