Hazardous Waste Transport

Dark semi truck drives down rural highway green median in foreground

Hazardous Waste Transport

Transporters of Hazardous Waste, including waste oil, combustible liquids, corrosives, poisons/ toxins, flammable liquids, flammable solids, PCB's and infectious waste - must obtain a Hazardous Waste Transporter License. The license issued is valid for one year and helps ensure environmental protection through proper disposal of waste.

Who Needs a Hazardous Waste Transporter License?

All carriers who transport hazardous waste, used oil, or infectious waste in Missouri.

How do I get a Hazardous Waste Transporter License?

If you are a current Motor Carrier Services Customer you can apply for a Hazardous Waste Transporter License online through MoDOT Carrier Express at www.modot.org/mce. If you do not have an account with MCE, please complete our Customer Information Form (click here).                      

We will e-mail you a user ID and temporary password so you can access the system and file an application.

Once issued, the license is valid for one year from the date of issuance.

How do I renew my Hazardous Waste License?

You must file a renewal electronically through Motor Carrier Express at www.modot.org/mce.

To ensure timely renewal, file at least 60 days prior to your expiration date.

How do I add or replace vehicles on my current License?

You can add vehicles, replace a vehicle at no charge or request a temporary on an active license by accessing MoDOT Carrier Express at www.modot.org/mce and filing your supplement electronically.

Frequently Asked Questions