- Improve 19 bridges along 30 miles of I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown (MM29-58)
- Replace 13 bridges
- Rehabilitate six (6) bridges
- Existing bridges built as part of original I-44 construction in 1960s
- Bridges deteriorating and require major work to keep them safe for travel
Construction: Spring 2019-Dec. 15, 2021
Estimated total project cost: $36 million
- Lane closings and traffic shifts at bridges under construction
- At least one lane of I-44 open in each direction at all times
- Major delays expected at times
- When needed, I-44 traffic may be diverted to relief/detour routes
- Big truck urged to find alternate routes
Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $36.1 million
Maximize the service life of all identified bridges within the project limits and deliver an end product that improves safety and minimizes future maintence
Move traffic through the project in a safe, efficient manner using innovative techniques
Deliver the project using a diverse workforce
Complete the project by December 15, 2021
Lawrence County – The Missouri Route 39-to-eastbound-I-44 ramp (Exit 46) at Mt. Vernon will CLOSE and a work zone reducing traffic to one lane in each direction on the interstate will be extended west from Williams Creek (Mile Marker 49) to the Route...
Where: Lawrence County Route H under I-44 at Mile Marker 44.3 near Mt. Vernon
When: 9 a.m., Tuesday, July 30
What: Route H OPEN under I-44 to traffic following work to increase the clearance under I-44 near Mt. Vernon. Route H to westbound I-44 on...
Lawrence County – Drivers can expect traffic delays when I-44 is reduced to one lane in each direction and drivers are shifted head-to-head in the westbound lanes between Mile Markers 42 and 45 in Lawrence County beginning the week of July 29, the...
Joplin – A news conference to provide details for a project to improve 19 bridges along an approximately 30-mile stretch of I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown is being moved.
The news conference will now be held 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 7 at the...
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission today selected The ESS Team to improve 19 bridges along an approximately 30-mile stretch of I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown.
To provide details of the project, MoDOT is hosting a news conference...