- Improve 19 bridges along 30 miles of I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown (MM29-58)
- Replace 13 bridges
- Rehabilitate six (6) bridges
- Existing bridges built as part of original I-44 construction in 1960s
- Bridges deteriorating and require major work to keep them safe for travel
Construction: Spring 2019-Dec. 15, 2021
Estimated total project cost: $36 million
- Lane closings and traffic shifts at bridges under construction
- At least one lane of I-44 open in each direction at all times
- Major delays expected at times
- When needed, I-44 traffic may be diverted to relief/detour routes
- Big truck urged to find alternate routes
Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $36.1 million
Maximize the service life of all identified bridges within the project limits and deliver an end product that improves safety and minimizes future maintence
Move traffic through the project in a safe, efficient manner using innovative techniques
Deliver the project using a diverse workforce
Complete the project by December 15, 2021
Lawrence County – Contractor crews will begin work to return I-44 east of Mt. Vernon (between Mile Markers 46-47) to its normal traffic pattern – two lanes in each direction, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Currently, traffic is...
Lawrence County – Contractor crews will begin work to return I-44 west of Mt. Vernon (between Mile Markers 42-45) to its normal traffic pattern – two lanes in each direction – prior to the busy Thanksgiving holiday weekend, the Missouri Department of...
Where: Eastbound I-44 CLOSED between Missouri Route 97 and Lawrence County Route H (Mile Markers 38-44) west of Mt. Vernon
When: 10 p.m. to 3 a.m., Tuesday into Wednesday, Nov. 19-20
What: Contractor crews repairing eastbound I-44 bridge over Route...
What: Traffic will remain one lane in each direction, but will shift to outside lanes while crews replace bridges over Lawrence County Road 1147 (Railroad Drive) and Williams Creek
When: Beginning week of October 21 and remaining in this pattern...
Lawrence County – The Missouri Route 39-to-eastbound-I-44 ramp (Exit 46) at Mt. Vernon will CLOSE and a work zone reducing traffic to one lane in each direction on the interstate will be extended west from Williams Creek (Mile Marker 49) to the Route...