- Improve 19 bridges along 30 miles of I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown (MM29-58)
- Replace 12 bridges
- Rehabilitate seven (7) bridges
- Existing bridges built as part of original I-44 construction in 1960s
- Bridges deteriorating and require major work to keep them safe for travel
Construction: Spring 2019-Dec. 15, 2021
Estimated total project cost: $36 million
- Lane closings and traffic shifts at bridges under construction
- At least one lane of I-44 open in each direction at all times
- Major delays expected at times
- When needed, I-44 traffic may be diverted to relief/detour routes
- Big truck urged to find alternate routes
Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $36.1 million
Maximize the service life of all identified bridges within the project limits and deliver an end product that improves safety and minimizes future maintence
Move traffic through the project in a safe, efficient manner using innovative techniques
Deliver the project using a diverse workforce
Complete the project by December 15, 2021
Joplin – A news conference to provide details for a project to improve 19 bridges along an approximately 30-mile stretch of I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown is being moved.
The news conference will now be held 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 7 at the...
Southwest District – The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission today selected The ESS Team to improve 19 bridges along an approximately 30-mile stretch of I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown.
To provide details of the project, MoDOT is...