What: Traffic will remain one lane in each direction, but will shift to eastbound lanes while crews replace bridges over Goose and Turnback creeks
When: Beginning week of June 29 and remaining in this pattern until mid-December
- Traffic reduced to one lane in each direction and moved to eastbound lanes of I-44 between Mile Markers 55 and 57
- Speed limit reduced to 60 mph through work zone
- During major backups, I-44 traffic may be diverted using signed detour
- Drivers are urged to consider alternate routes during the project
Weather and/or unforeseen delays will alter the work schedule.
- I-44 Project Bridge Rebuild will replace or rehabilitate 19 bridges on I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown
- Some existing bridges are original to the construction of I-44 in the 1960s and are deteriorating and need replacement or rehabilitation
- Project website/sign up for project updates I-44 Project Bridge Rebuild.
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)