ABOUT THE BOOTHEEL BRIDGE BUNDLE
Southeast Missouri travelers can soon expect to see 17 bridge improvement projects coming to fruition through the Bootheel Bridge Bundle design-build project. Thirteen bridges in the Bootheel Bridge Bundle are included in Governor Mike Parson’s $351 million Focus on Bridges program, which will repair or replace 250 bridges across the state.
Bootheel Bridge Bundle Project Goals
- Deliver the project within the program budget of $25.5 million on or before December 31, 2023.
- Use innovation to maximize the number of locations to be addressed while providing quality structures sensitive to location and traffic.
- Minimize public inconvenience through increased construction speed and flexibility in scheduling.
- Improve safety at each location.
For more information, please email the Robertson Contractors Team at email@example.com or call Travis Slayton, project manager for the Robertson Contractors Team, at (573) 785-0880.
River: Open to Traffic March 31, 2022
Drainage Ditch #8: Open to Traffic May 10, 2023
Motorists are advised to use continued caution when traveling and to watch for construction crews, as work will continue in the area until Monday, May 22.
MHTC Selects Team to Deliver $21.3 Million Bootheel Bridge Bundle Project
Robertson Contractors Team to Improve Bridges Across Southeast Missouri
During the August 2020 Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission meeting, the Robertson Contractors Team, headquartered in Poplar Bluff, Missouri was selected to design and construct the $21.3 million project. The Robertson Contractors Team is comprised of Robertson Contractors, Inc., Horner & Shifrin and Penzel Construction Company, Inc.
|County||Location||Bridge number||FOCUS Bridge|
|Mississippi||Route B over I-57||A0236||Yes|
|St. Francois||Route 67 over Route 8||A0654||Yes|
|Cape Girardeau||Route A over Whitewater River||L0567||Yes|
|St. Francois||Route NN over Indian Creek||L0329||Yes|
|Bollinger||Route 51 over Castor River||J0103||Yes|
|Bollinger||Route 51 over Castor River Overflow||J0104||No|
|Butler||Route W over Black River||F0559||Yes|
|Reynolds||Route K over Black River||T1000||Yes|
|Dunklin||Route DD over St. Francis River||A2382||Yes|
|Dunklin||Route DD over St. Francis River (Slough)||S0882||Yes|
|Pemiscot||Route EE over Drainage Ditches 1, 251, 258, 259 and 65||P0473, P0474, P0475, P0476 and P0477||Yes, except for DD 65 (P0477)|
|New Madrid||Route 153 over Drainage Ditch #44*||T0037||No|
|New Madrid||Route 153 over Drainage Ditch #8*||S0676||No|
Due to the innovative nature of design-build projects, MoDOT initially identified 10 more bridges as potential add-ons to increase the value of the project. Contractor teams submitted proposals detailing their plans for the 15 primary bridges and selected potential add-on bridges to also address.
Two of the alternate bridges will be improved through the Bootheel Bridge Bundle design-build project, in addition to the 15 primary bridges.
* denotes alternate bridges selected
- 8/17/2021: Upcoming Bridge Replacements on Route EE in Pemiscot County
- 7/16/2021: Route DD in Dunklin County to Close for Bridge Improvements
- 5/14/2021: Route 51 in Bollinger County to Close for Bridge Replacement
- 4/20/2021: Route K Black River Bridge in Reynolds County Reopens
- 2/1/2021: Route K in Reynolds County to Close for Bridge Rehabilitation
- 8/20/2020: MHTC Selects Team to Deliver $21.3 Million Bootheel Bridge Bundle
- 2/21/2020: Design-Build Teams Selected to Compete
- Requests for Clarification
- 1/13/2020: RFQ
- 1/13/2020: Industry Meeting PowerPoint
- 1/13/2020: Industry Meeting Sign-In Sheet