- Add lane in Route 60 median in each direction between National Avenue & Route 65
- Consolidate Glenstone and Republic ramps to eastbound Route 60 at Harvard Avenue, remove existing eastbound on ramp near Nature Center Way
- Build roundabout on Glenstone Avenue at intersection with Nature Center Way/Republic Road
- Widen westbound Route 60 off ramp to Glenstone Avenue
- Replace deteriorating pavement on eastbound Route 60 west of Route 65
- All improvements can be made without needing additional property
- Nighttime lane closings on Route 60 and Glenstone Avenue
- Southbound Glenstone Avenue-to-eastbound Route 60 ramp closed for up to 10 days
- Narrowed lanes and traffic shifts on Route 60 and on Glenstone Avenue
- Traffic shifts on Glenstone Avenue at Nature Center Way/Republic Road
News Releases/Project Updates
Where: U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) OPEN between Glenstone Avenue and U.S. Route 65 in Springfield
When: Sunday, July 10, 2022
What: Contractor crews finished paving and striping U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) and it is now OPEN to...
Where: Portions of the Glenstone Avenue roundabout CLOSED at U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) and Republic Road in Springfield
When: 8 p.m.- 6 a.m. Monday-Friday, July 11-15
What: Contractor crews to install light poles and electrical work...
What: East and westbound U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) traffic slowed and possibly stopped for a short period of time east of Glenstone Avenue
When: Beginning at 9 p.m. and lasting up to 15 minutes on Wednesday & Thursday nights, June...
Where: Glenstone Avenue OPEN between U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) and Harvard Avenue in Springfield
When: 5 p.m., Friday, June 17
What: Contractor crews finished paving and striping Glenstone Avenue roundabout and it is now OPEN to all...
Where: Glenstone Avenue CLOSED between U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) and Harvard Avenue in Springfield
When: 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. Monday, June 13 and Tuesday, June 14
What: Contractor crews to pave Glenstone Avenue roundabout. This is part of...