Project Milestones and Progress
MoDOT engineers designed the bridge rehabilitation and necessary joint repairs for this project.
The project was part of our September 2018 letting. At that time, contractors submitted competitive bids for the project.
Capital Paving and Construction, LLC was awarded the contract in the amount of $2,479,910.57.
The date, by contract, when the contractor could begin work was December 3, 2018, but they chose to delay their start date. until March 11, 2019. They plan to work during daylight hours, seven days per week for the majority of the project.
- painting of bridges/ramps that should not interfere with the flow of traffic
By contract, the contractor must complete all work by November 1, 2019. The contractor may finish the job before that date, however, if other factors allow.
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Bridge joint repairs on U.S. Route 36, Route 752 and Interstate 229, which began in March, are in the final stages. The Missouri Department of Transportation contracted with Capital Paving and Construction, LLC to complete the...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Bridge joint repairs are progressing at or near the intersection of U.S. Route 36, Interstate 229 and Route 759 in St. Joseph. Crews from Capital Paving and Construction, LLC, working with the Missouri Department of Transportation...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – As part of an ongoing series of bridge joint repairs at or near the intersection of U.S. Route 36, Interstate 229 and Route 759, another set of ramp closures will begin next week.
Crews from Capital Paving and Construction, LLC...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Work has wrapped up on the ramp from westbound U.S. Route 36 to Route 759 in St. Joseph just in time for Memorial Day weekend. The ramp was closed for bridge joint repairs May 1.
After the holiday weekend, another ramp will close...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo – Missouri Department of Transportation crews have completed emergency bridge repairs and reopened the northbound Route 759 (Stockyards Expressway) ramp onto northbound Interstate 229.
The Charles Street ramp to southbound I-229 is...
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will the road be closed during construction?
- To safely complete the work, and to deliver the best product for the taxpayers, it may be necessary to close some of the ramps at the U.S. Route 36/I-229 interchange during the project. Per the current traffic control plan, U.S. Route 36 will remain open for the duration of the work, though motorists may experience delays.
Q: Who can I contact if I have further questions?
- Questions about the project may be directed to Customer Service at:
- 888 ASK MODOT (1-888-275-6636)
Q: How can I stay updated on the project's progress?
- Sign up for project-specific updates below: