MoDOT Kansas City will be repairing various bridges in the Kansas City district throughout both Jackson and Clay counties. These repairs range from new wearing surfaces, expansion joint repairs, and expansion joint replacements.
- Bannister Rd. over I-435 - in progress
- I-435 over Gregory Blvd. – New wearing surface
- I-435 over Oldham Rd. – New wearing surface
- MO 210 over N. Brighton Ave. – New wearing surface
- MO 210 over Searcy Creek Pkwy. – New wearing surface
- NE Soccer Dr. over I-435 – Expansion joint repair
- N. Oak Trafficway over MO 152 – Expansion joint repair
- E. 75th St. over US 71 – Expansion joint replacement
- Meyer Blvd. over US 71 – Expansion joint repair
- E. 63rd St. over US 71 – Expansion joint repair
- E. 31st St. over US 71 – Expansion joint replacement
- Linwood Blvd. over US 71 – Expansion joint replacement
- E. 39th St. over US 71 – Expansion joint replacement
- Little Blue Parkway over I-70 – Expansion joint repair
Recent News Releases
JACKSON COUNTY– MoDOT Kansas City is in the process of bridge repairs along Bannister Rd. (Route W) over I-435. In addition to this bridge work, crews will have various overnight lane closures along both northbound and southbound I-435 beneath...
JACKSON COUNTY– MoDOT Kansas City will be making bridge repairs along Bannister Rd. (Route W) over I-435 beginning on approximately Monday, March 8. This work will involve various lane reductions and detours. All work is weather permitting.
MoDOT Kansas City will be making bridge repairs along Bannister Rd. (Route W) over I-435 beginning on approximately Monday, March 8, 2021.
Westbound Bannister Rd. over I-435
- This work will require westbound Bannister Rd. to be reduced to ONE LANE across the bridge and traffic will NOT be able to turn left onto southbound I-435. A signed detour will be in place for traffic needing to access southbound I-435 by using U.S. 71.
- Additionally, semi-truck traffic will NOT be allowed to turn left onto westbound Bannister Rd. from northbound I-435. Instead, there will be a signed detour for truck traffic to go north on I-435 and exit at 87th St to turn around, come back on southbound I-435, exit to Bannister Rd. and then turn right onto westbound Bannister Rd.
Eastbound Bannister Rd. over I-435
- Eastbound Bannister Rd. will have one left turn lane to northbound I-435 and two through lanes across the bridge.
- The two existing left turn lanes will be closed and another existing lane will be converted to a left turn lane so that traffic can still access northbound I-435 from eastbound Bannister Rd. The signals at the intersection will be modified for this traffic configuration.
Cerner employees who normally utilize Bannister Rd. are encouraged to use 87th St. to access and leave the Cerner campus.