- Relocate Route 171/96/YY intersection east of the existing intersection away from KCS Railroad to improve safety
- Build multi-lane roundabout at new intersection alignment
- Roundabout will consist of two 16-foot lanes with 10-foot truck apron
- Roundabout entry will consist of one or two lanes varying from 12– to 16-feet with four-foot outside shoulder
- Contract also includes projects to pave approximately 26 miles of Route 171 between Missouri/Kansas state line and I-49 along with a section of Jasper County Route O between Jasper County Route D and Missouri 96
- Route 96 CLOSED at Route 171 for the duration of the project
- Additional highway closures, reduced lanes and traffic delays
- Drivers will be directed to signed detour using Missouri Route 43, Jasper County routes H, M and Z
- Drivers should find alternate routes to avoid the work zone
Completion Date: December 15, 2021
Estimated Total Project Cost: $9.8 million
Where: Missouri Routes 171/96 and eastbound Jasper County Route YY in Carl Junction
When: 2 p.m. Wednesday, November 24
What: Contractor crews have completed work and the roundabout at routes 171/96/YY is OPEN to traffic. Jasper County Route...
Where: Gum Road at Missouri Route 171 in Carl Junction
When: 8 a.m., Monday, November 1 through 5 p.m., Monday, November 8
What: Contractor crews will construct new turn lane and approach pavement from Route 171 to Gum Road
Where: Sunset Drive at Missouri Route 171 in Carl Junction
When: 8 p.m., Tuesday, October 26 through 6 a.m., Wednesday, October 27
What: Contractor crews will install a new drainage pipe under Sunset Drive
- Sunset Drive...
Where: All lanes of Missouri Route 171 and Jasper County Route YY at Missouri Route 96 in Carl Junction
When: Beginning 8 a.m., Thursday, September 28 for up to 60 days
What: Contractor crews will CLOSE all lanes of Route 171 and Route YY at...
Where: Missouri Route 171 between Centennial Avenue in Webb City and Fir Road in Airport Drive along with short segments of Route 43 (Main Street) on either side of the roundabout at Stone’s Corner
When: 8 p.m.-6 a.m., Monday-Saturday, July 26...