- Replace Range Line Road bridge over Kansas City Southern Railroad
- New bridge two feet higher, 15 feet wider, 27 feet shorter than current bridge
- New bridge will include sidewalks on both sides
- Current bridge rebuilt in 1976
- Approximately 24,580 vehicles per day cross bridge
- Financial incentive for early completion
Construction: Beginning mid-July 2022
Completion: December 1, 2022, bridge reopen to traffic by November 1, 2022
Estimated Total Project Cost: $6.2 million
- Range Line Road bridge CLOSED for maximum of 87 calendar days
- Access to all businesses will remain OPEN throughout the duration of the project
- Detour: Jasper Co. Rt. FF (32nd St.), Missouri Rt. 249, Missouri Rt. 66 (7th St.), I-44
We need your input!
What makes you slow down in work zones? Please take a few minutes to complete this survey and give us a better idea of the tools, strategies and other factors that play a role in your speed through a work zone: https://missouri.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2cwRbLZmHC8G5sq
***Note to editors: This corrects the date in the body of the news release when the bridge will reopen to traffic. We apologize for any confusion.
Joplin – The public is invited to a virtual (online) public meeting starting Monday, December...
Joplin – The public is invited to a virtual (online) public meeting starting Monday, December 13, to learn more about a project to replace the Business Loop 49 (Range Line Road)/Kansas City Southern Railroad bridge in Joplin, the Missouri...