From 2022 to 2026, MoDOT has three planned resurfacing projects to address the aging pavement on Caldwell/Daviess County Route 13 between Ray County and Missouri Route 6 in Gallatin.
Beginning May 1, 2023, Phillips Hardy, Inc., working with the Missouri Department of Transportation, started a resurfacing project on Route 13 from the southern city limits of Hamilton to north of Route HH in Kingston.
Route 13 is closed from Mill Creek Drive to Route P for stage one of the resurfacing project. Stage one is expected to be complete by mid-December 2023 and the roadway will be reopened to all traffic. A schedule has not yet been determined for phases two and three.
Kingston to the Ray County line - complete November 2022.
Route 13 bridge over U.S. Route 36:
- A project to rehabilitate the Caldwell County Route 13 bridge over U.S. Route 36 was part of MoDOT's Oct. 2022 letting for contractor bidding.
- A $2,038,133.61 contract to complete the project was awarded to Capital Paving & Construction, LLC. Construction began on May 30, 2023. The project was completed on Aug. 14. For more info: Caldwell County Route 13 bridge over U.S. Route 36 Rehabilitation Project | Missouri Department of Transportation (modot.org)
Route 13 Resurfacing Project:
- Stage one of resurfacing from the south city limits of Hamilton to north of Route HH in Kingston is active.
- Route 13 is closed from Mill Creek Drive to Route P.
- Stage one of the project is expected to be complete, and the roadway reopened by mid-December 2023.
Stage two (Route P to Far West Drive).
Stage three (Far West Drive to Kingston).
Scheduled for the October 2025 letting for contractor bidding.
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – The project to repave a section of Caldwell County Route 13 from Mill Creek Drive at the southern city limits of Hamilton to north of Route HH in Kingston is continuing to progress. Contractors from Phillips Hardy, Inc., working...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Route 13 in Caldwell County has been closed to through traffic from Mill Creek Drive in Hamilton south to Kingston since early May for a resurfacing project. Beginning Friday, Sept. 15, the roadway will close to all traffic...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – The project to repave a section of Caldwell County Route 13 from Mill Creek Drive at the southern city limits of Hamilton to north of Route HH in Kingston has faced multiple delays. Contractors from Phillips Hardy, Inc., working...
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will MoDOT close the road during construction?
A: For the concrete overlay from Kingston to Mill Creek Road in Hamilton: Yes, in order for the contractor to lay the concrete overlay, and the need of adequate concrete cure time, the roadway will be closed in three different phases in order to complete the project (segments listed below). A detour will direct motorists to use U.S. Route 36, I-35 and Route 116 during the closure. The contractor will work with residents within each work zone to maintain property access during construction.
- Mill Creek Road to Route P
- Route P to Far West Drive
- Far West Drive to just north of Route HH in Kingston
For the resurfacing from Mill Creek Road in Hamilton to Route 6 in Gallatin: It is expected that construction will be completed under single-lane closures. The roadway would remain open, but motorist should anticipate delays.
Q: Who can I contact if I have further questions?
A: Questions may be left by calling 888 ASK MODOT (888-275-6636) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How can I stay updated on the project's progress?
A: Sign up for project-specific updates at the bottom of this page.
Need More Information?
We're here to help! If you're looking for additional information, you can contact us at:
- 1-888-ASK-MODOT (888 275-6636) - reference Northwest District Caldwell/Daviess County Route 13 projects
- Sign up for eUpdates: Customer Service Signon (mo.gov)