The Safety Improvements Project is being developed to reduce fatal and serious injury crashes in MoDOT’s St. Louis District for pedestrians and other roadway users. This project is a partnership between MoDOT and St. Louis County. This project will involve work on MoDOT routes within the city of St. Louis, St. Louis County and Jefferson County. It will also include work on St. Louis County roads.
- Reduce fatal and serious injury crashes within the budget of $49 million.
- Maximize safety improvements for pedestrians and roadway users distributed equitably across the project area.
- Provide improvements with reasonable maintenance and service life.
- Construct improvements with an emphasis on safety for workers and the traveling public.
- Deliver the project by June 30, 2026 using a diverse workforce.
MoDOT's Safety Improvements Project has evaluated the SOQs and selected teams to compete for the Design-Build project:
- Gershenson Construction Co with Wilson & Company, Bartlett & West
- West Contracting Co with Horner & Shifrin, Lochmueller Group, Engineering Design Services
Affton Community Center
Shortlisted teams including Gershenson Construction Co with Wilson & Company, Bartlett & West, West Contracting Co with Horner & Shifrin, Lochmueller Group, Engineering Design Services will be available to discuss proposals. Click here to view DBE Flyer.