- Relocate Route 171/96/YY intersection east of the existing intersection away from KCS Railroad to improve safety
- Build multi-lane roundabout at new intersection alignment
- Roundabout will consist of two 16-foot lanes with 10-foot truck apron
- Roundabout entry will consist of one or two lanes varying from 12– to 16-feet with four-foot outside shoulder
- Contract also includes projects to pave approximately 26 miles of Route 171 between Missouri/Kansas state line and I-49 along with a section of Jasper County Route O between Jasper County Route D and Missouri 96
- Route 96 CLOSED at Route 171 for the duration of the project
- Additional highway closures, reduced lanes and traffic delays
- Drivers will be directed to signed detour using Missouri Route 43, Jasper County routes H, M and Z
- Drivers should find alternate routes to avoid the work zone
Completion Date: December 15, 2021
Estimated Total Project Cost: $9.8 million
Jasper County – Missouri Route 96 will be CLOSED and drivers can expect additional lane closures and traffic delays when a project to make intersection improvements along Missouri Route 171, including construction of a roundabout and resurfacing the...
Jasper County – Drivers can expect occasional lane closures and traffic delays when a project to make intersection improvements along Missouri Route 171, including construction of a roundabout and resurfacing the highway, is scheduled to begin June 1...
Carl Junction -- A project to relocate the intersection at Missouri Route 171/Route 96 and Jasper County Route YY to improve safety is the focus of a public meeting on Thursday, November 7, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.