Project Updates/Traffic Alerts
What: Farm Road 123 to OPEN to traffic at U.S. Route 160 in Willard
When: 2 p.m. today (Friday, October 16)
Details: Contractor crews had closed Farm Road 123 on October 12, to connect the road to Route 160 in the intersection’s new J-turn...
UPCOMING TRAFFIC PATTERN CHANGES:
- Traffic to one lane in each direction on Route 160 in the eastbound and westbound lanes
- Farm Road 123 northeast of Route 160 OPEN
- Frisco Highline Trail CLOSED at Hunt Road/Farm Road 103 until late October
What: New roundabout OPEN to traffic at U.S. Route 160 at Farm Road 94 in Willard
When: 1:30 p.m. Friday, October 9
Details: Roundabout open
- Eastbound and westbound lanes of U.S. Route 160 open to traffic
- Farm Road 94...
- Widen Route 160 to four lanes between I-44 in Springfield and Jackson Street in Willard
- Resurface the existing lanes of Route 160 between I-44 in Springfield and Route AB in Willard
- Traffic barrier wall between lanes in areas
- Street lighting at intersections
- Intersection improvements:
- J-turn at Farm Road 123/Westgate Avenue
- Right-in/Right-out at Haseltine Road (Farm Road 115)
- Roundabout at Farm Road 94 near quarry
- Add left-turn lane at Hughes Road
- Roundabout at Farm Road 103/Melville Road/Hunt Road
- Add a pedestrian underpass at Hunt Road
- Roundabout at Jackson Street
- REVISION - Add turn lanes at Greene County Route AB; no roundabout at this location
Construction: July 2019 until December 2020
Estimated total project cost: $18.6 million
- During 2019
- Nighttime one-lane traffic at times. Flaggers will direct drivers through the work zone. Nighttime work will take place between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Frisco Highline trail closed up to 60 days where the trail crosses under Route 160 (Trail Mile 3)
- During 2020
- Route 160 traffic stopped for up to 15 minutes to allow crews to blast rock. The exact dates/times will be announced later.
- Side roads closed up to 35 calendar days where crews are working at intersections. Two side roads adjacent to one another will NOT be closed at the same time. There will be signed detours for some of the closed county roads.
- Route 160 traffic shifted to new lanes so that intersections can be completed and crews can rehabilitate the existing bridge over the Frisco Highline Trail
- The Frisco Highline Trail CLOSED up to 60 days to allow crews to build a new passage under the new highway lanes