SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on Feb. 1. Awarded contracts included pavement and bridge improvements.
Projects awarded include:
- A $1,695,975 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Const. Co./C.B. Equipment Inc., Hannibal, Mo., or pavement improvements in St. Francois and Washington Counties. Work will be completed on Route K from Route 47 to Route C in St. Francois County and from Route 21 through Irondale to Route 8, as well as two sections of Route E near Potosi in Washington County. Additionally, work will be completed on Route F in Washington County from Sunset Lane to the end of state maintenance and on Route M from Route 21 in Washington County to Route 8 in St. Francois County.
- A $2,954,769 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for pavement improvements in Dunklin, New Madrid and Pemiscot Counties. The project includes pavement improvements on Route 164 from Route Y to Route Z in Dunklin County, Route 62 from Route 25 to Route 61 in New Madrid County, and Route 61 from I-55 to the Arkansas state line. The project will also include improvements on Route J from Hayti to Route K.
- A $592,805 contract was awarded to Missouri Petroleum Products Company, LLC., St. Louis, Mo., for pavement improvements in Laclede, Texas and Wright Counties. The project includes sealing the roadway with a mixture of rock and oil on Route 17 from Route U to Route 38 in Laclede and Texas Counties, and on Route F from Route V to Route EE in Wright County.
- A $1,682,758 contract was awarded to Joe's Bridge & Grading, Inc., Poplar Bluff, Mo., to replace two westbound Route 60 bridges in Stoddard and New Madrid Counties. The first bridge is located over the railroad west of Route 61 in Sikeston. The second bridge is located over the railroad located east of Route 25 near Dexter, Mo.
- A $956,288 contract was awarded to Widel, Inc., Blackwater, Mo., to replace the Route T bridge over Saline Creek located near Route N in Perry County.
- A $214,345 contract was awarded to Joe's Bridge & Grading, Inc., Poplar Bluff, Mo., to replace the Route ZZ bridge over Drainage Ditch 53 located near Route F in New Madrid County.
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Civil Rights Notice: Bidding on an ARRA project? Read this first!
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive