Where: Missouri Route 174 over I-44 (Exit 49) in Lawrence County east of Mt. Vernon
When: 7 p.m.-7 a.m., Wednesday-Thursday, Aug. 31-Sept. 1
What: Contractor crews working to paint bridge girders
- Both lanes of Route 174 bridge CLOSED
- Drivers should expect some traffic delays
- I-44 drivers will be diverted up and over the ramps
- Drivers will not be allowed to turn left at the top of the ramps to cross the bridge
- Drivers will be permitted to turn right on to Route 174
- No signed detour
- Drivers should find alternate route
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
Weather and/or construction delays could alter the work schedule.
This work is part of a project to replace or rehabilitate 25 bridges withing 15 miles of I-44 across the Southwest District.
Of the 25 bridges in the I-44 Corridor Bridge Bundle project, seven (7) are mainline I-44 bridges, five (5) are I-44 overpass bridges and the remaining bridges are on adjacent routes over various features. Sixteen (16) bridges will be replaced and nine (9) bridges will receive major rehabilitation work.
Additional information about the project can be found on the project website – I-44 Corridor Bridge Bundle.
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Follow MoDOT's Southwest District: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |YouTube)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)