Project will improve 25 bridges at various locations in Jasper, Lawrence, Greene, Webster and Dallas counties. Nine bridges will be rehabilitated and 16 bridges replaced.
- Improve 25 bridges at various locations in Jasper, Lawrence, Greene, Webster and Dallas counties
- Rehabilitate nine (9) bridges
- Replace 16 bridges
- Impacts seven (7) bridges on I-44, five (5) bridges over I-44 and 13 bridges on other state routes within 15 miles of I-44
- Bridges are experiencing deterioration and require increasing maintenance to keep them safe for travel
Construction: Spring 2022 to September 30, 2024
Estimated Total Project Cost: $43.2 million
- Lane closings and traffic shifts at bridges under construction on I-44
- At least one lane of I-44 open in each direction at all times
- Major delays expected at times
- When needed, I-44 traffic may be diverted to relief/detour routes
- Travelers will encounter road closures at bridges on supplementary routes
- Big trucks urged to find alternate routes
- Deliver a safe project within the programmed budget of $43.2 million
- Maximize the number of locations to be addressed while providing quality structures
- Use innovation to reduce delay and minimize impacts to the public
- Deliver the project using a diverse workforce
- Complete the project on or before September 30, 2024
Webster County – Drivers should expect occasional lane closures on eastbound I-44 east of Marshfield as a project to replace bridges over the Niangua River and Sarah Branch in Webster County begins the week of January 16, the Missouri Department of...
Where: Lawrence County Route V bridge over Williams Creek near Mt. Vernon
When: As of 12 p.m., Friday, November 18
Details: This bridge closed in mid-September while contractor crews rehabilitated the old bridge. Crews demolished the existing...
Where: Missouri Route 97 bridge over North White Oak Creek north of Stotts City
When: As of 1:30 p.m., Thursday, November 3
Details: This bridge closed in May while contractor crews replaced the existing bridge with a new one. This was the last...
Where: I-44 nighttime lane closures over Sarah Branch (mile maker 107-109) north of Marshfield
When: 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Wednesday & Thursday nights, November 2-3
What: Contractor crews working on shoulder in preparation for future bridge...
Where: I-44 nighttime lane closures over East Fork Niangua River (mile maker 106) north of Marshfield
When: 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday-Friday nights, October 10 until October 25
What: Contractor crews to move dirt for crossover in preparation for...
What: Eastbound and westbound inside I-44 lanes CLOSED between Mile Markers 105 and 107 in Webster County east of Marshfield
When: 7 p.m.-10 a.m., Sunday-Thursday beginning week of October 10
What: Contractor crews building crossover lanes in...
Where: Missouri Route 174 over I-44 (Exit 49) in Lawrence County east of Mt. Vernon
When: 7 p.m.-7 a.m., Wednesday-Thursday, Aug. 31-Sept. 1
What: Contractor crews working to paint bridge girders
- Both lanes of Route 174...
Where: Missouri Route 174 bridge over I-44 east of Mt. Vernon
When: As of 3 p.m., Tuesday, August 30
Details: This bridge closed in mid-June while contractor crews replaced the bridge’s superstructure. Crews demolished the bridge deck/driving...
Lawrence County – Contractor crews are set to CLOSE the Lawrence County Route V bridge over Williams Creek west of Mt. Vernon for up to 75 days beginning the week of September 12 to rehabilitate the bridge, the Missouri Department of Transportation...
Where: Missouri Route 37 bridge over Dry Branch near Pierce City
When: As of 12:30 p.m., Friday, August 19
Details: This bridge closed in late May while contractor crews replaced the old bridge with a new, 28-foot-wide structure, which is...