Project will improve 25 bridges at various locations in Jasper, Lawrence, Greene, Webster and Dallas counties. Nine bridges will be rehabilitated and 16 bridges replaced.
- Improve 25 bridges at various locations in Jasper, Lawrence, Greene, Webster and Dallas counties
- Rehabilitate nine (9) bridges
- Replace 16 bridges
- Impacts seven (7) bridges on I-44, five (5) bridges over I-44 and 13 bridges on other state routes within 15 miles of I-44
- Bridges are experiencing deterioration and require increasing maintenance to keep them safe for travel
Construction: Spring 2022 to September 30, 2024
Estimated Total Project Cost: $43.2 million
- Lane closings and traffic shifts at bridges under construction on I-44
- At least one lane of I-44 open in each direction at all times
- Major delays expected at times
- When needed, I-44 traffic may be diverted to relief/detour routes
- Travelers will encounter road closures at bridges on supplementary routes
- Big trucks urged to find alternate routes
- Deliver a safe project within the programmed budget of $43.2 million
- Maximize the number of locations to be addressed while providing quality structures
- Use innovation to reduce delay and minimize impacts to the public
- Deliver the project using a diverse workforce
- Complete the project on or before September 30, 2024
Where: Westbound I-44 over Niangua River in Webster County east of Marshfield near Mile Marker 106
When: As of 8 a.m., Thursday, October 26
Details: Both westbound lanes of I-44 over Niangua River are OPEN to traffic on the new bridge.
Where: Eastbound Missouri Route 66/Loop 44 bridge over I-44 east of Joplin
When: As of 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 25
Details: This bridge closed in July while contractor crews repaired the existing bridge deck and overlayed it with a new...
Where: I-44 over Niangua River in Webster County east of Marshfield near Mile Marker 106
When: Work begins 7 p.m., Tuesday, October 17
Details: Eastbound lanes of I-44 over the Niangua River will be shifted into onto the new eastbound bridge...