Henry County – The Missouri Route 52 bridge over the Katy Trail in Windsor will be CLOSED for up to 222 days beginning the week of September 6, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Contractor crews will replace the current bridge with a reenforced concrete box culvert accommodating two 11-foot lanes and shoulders. In addition, permanent striping and guardrail will be installed along the box culvert.
The current bridge was built in 1945 and is in deteriorating condition. Approximately 3,340 vehicles cross the bridge daily.
- All lanes of Route 52 CLOSED at the bridge for the duration of the project
- Katy Trail CLOSED for duration of the project with detour provided around the work zone
- Drivers will have access to entrances and driveways at either end of the bridge but will not be able to travel through the work zone
- Drivers will be directed along a signed detour using Missouri Route 2 and Henry County Route J
- Drivers are urged to find alternate routes
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers to the work zone
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
(Weather and/or unforeseen delays will alter the work schedule)
- Prime Contractor: Mera Excavating LLC, Loose Creek
- Completion Date: April 3, 2023
- Total project cost: $1.4 million
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)