Table Rock Lake, Taney/Stone County – The Long Creek bridge replacement project on Route 86 near Ridgedale is to begin the week of August 29, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
MoDOT will locate the new bridge south of the existing bridge. The new bridge will have two lanes with shoulders, a 10-foot shared use path and new guardrail at each bridge end. Route 86 will remain open for much of the expected two-year-long construction of the new structure. It will be necessary to close Route 86 for short periods to connect the new bridge to the existing roadway toward the end of the project.
A come-and-go style public meeting will be held 4:30 – 6 p.m., Tuesday, September 13, at OTC Table Rock Campus, Community Room 409, 10698 Historic Hwy 165, Hollister, MO 65672. Look for a separate public announcement for further details.
- Route 86 will remain open during construction
- Drivers may encounter flaggers directing traffic through the work zone where crews are working
- Crews and equipment close to traffic in areas
- Electronic message boards located near the planned road work will alert drivers to any changes in the work schedule
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
The current bridge was built in 1956. Approximately 8,611 vehicles per day travel across the bridge. The current structure is in poor condition and in need of frequent repairs.
- Contractor: American Bridge Company, Coraopolis, PA
- Completion date: September 30, 2025
- Total estimated cost: $66.5 million
- Project Webpage: https://www.modot.org/long-creek-bridge-project
- Sign up for project updates: Long Creek Bridge Project
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Follow MoDOT's Southwest District: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)