JACKSON COUNTY– The Missouri Department of Transportation will have numerous lane and ramp closures at I-435 and I-70 this week as crews prepare to OPEN brand new ramps within the interchange. The new loop ramps leading from I-70 to I-435 are anticipated to open on Thursday, Oct. 1. Motorists should expect delays in the area and plan to find alternate routes if necessary. All work and all ramp openings are weather permitting.
- Eastbound I-70 will be reduced to ONE LANE from U.S. 40 Highway to I-435 for signing installation NIGHTLY beginning on Monday, Sept. 28, through Thursday, Oct. 1, from 8 p.m. each evening until 5 a.m. the following mornings.
- The eastbound I-70 on ramps from U.S. Highway 40 and Manchester Trafficway will be CLOSED for short durations and at various times as work progresses.
- The right lane of southbound I-435 will be CLOSED from U.S. 40 Highway to Stadium Dr. for project clean up on both Monday, Sept. 28, and Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Southbound I-435 will be reduced to ONE LANE from 23rd St. to I-70 for pavement repairs NIGHTLY beginning Monday, Sept. 28, through Wednesday, Sept. 30, from 8 p.m. each evening until 5 a.m. the following mornings.
- Northbound I-435 will be reduced to ONE LANE for Raytown Rd. to I-70 for pavement repairs OVERNIGHT on both Monday, Sept. 28, and Tuesday, Sept. 29, from 8 p.m. each evening until 5 a.m. the following mornings.
- RAMP OPENING INFORMATION: The brand new westbound I-70 ramp to southbound I-435 and the brand new eastbound I-70 ramp to northbound I-435 will be OPEN sometime on Thursday, Oct. 1. The exact time of the openings will vary.
- On Thursday, Oct. 1, from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning, the following ramps will be CLOSED in order to normalize Manchester Trafficway.
- The westbound I-70 off ramp to Manchester Trafficway will be CLOSED.
- The northbound and southbound Manchester Trafficway from U.S. 40 Highway to Stadium Dr. will be CLOSED.
This project began construction in spring 2019 and while the majority of construction is scheduled to be completed by this fall, motorists can expect to see various lane closures in the area through Dec. 2020.
Project improvements include full bridge replacements, removal of left exits, improvements to loop ramp configuration, and congestion relief. For more information about this project, visit our website.
Please be patient and considerate to your fellow motorists. Use the zipper merge and take turns at merge points. Please remember that all work zones are NO PHONE ZONES. Buckle up. Phone down. Arrive Alive.
For potential impacts to traffic, please review KC Scout cameras at http://www.kcscout.net or consult our real-time traffic partner, WAZE.
Motorists are reminded to slow down and pay attention while driving in work zones. Not all work zones look alike. Work zones can be moving operations, such as striping, patching or mowing. They can also be short term, temporary lane closures to make quick repairs or remove debris from the roadway.
For more information about MoDOT news, projects or events, please visit our website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity. For instant updates, follow MoDOT_KC on Twitter, or share posts and comments on our Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoDOT.KansasCity. MoDOT Kansas City maintains more than 7,000 miles of state roadway in nine counties. Sign up online for work zone updates or call 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636).