Republic Area, Greene County – Drivers can expect nighttime lane closings on U.S. Route 60/Missouri Route 413 between Springfield and Republic along with median work at the intersection of Route 60/413 and Missouri Route 174 beginning the week of July 13, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
A project to resurface Route 60/413 between Missouri Route 360 west of Springfield and Illinois Street on the west edge of Republic will take place during nighttime hours.
The project also includes safety improvements at the U.S. 60/Missouri Route 413 and Route 174 intersection in Republic.
Drivers will see road work signs going up starting the week of July 6.
Here’s a look at the traffic impacts for the resurfacing project:
- One lane closed at a time on Route 60/413 between Route 360 west of Springfield and Illinois Street on the west edge of Republic where crews are working. Work hours: 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Friday. Crews may work Saturday nights to make up work.
- Bright lights and equipment operating during overnight hours will create noise
- Business entrances may be impacted for short periods. Contractor crews will work with businesses/property owners before impacting entrances along the roadway.
- Resurfacing project scheduled for completion by early August 2020
The safety improvements at the intersection of Route 60/413 and Route 174 in Republic include moving the eastbound lanes of Route 60/413 to the median closer to the westbound lanes. The project will consolidate the two existing intersections of Route 60/413 and Route 174 into one intersection.
Here’s a look at the traffic impacts for the intersection project:
- Crews and equipment close to traffic working in the median
- Nighttime lane closings at the intersection are possible at times
- Occasional delays at the intersection when traffic signals are modified or other work is needed
- Traffic moved to the new configuration by mid-December 2020
- Project website including a project map
- Intersection project overall completion scheduled for May 2021
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
The city of Republic is contributing to the cost of sidewalks for the intersection project.
Journagan Construction of Springfield is the prime contractor.
The estimated total project cost for the project is $4 million.
Overall completion date for the projects is May 2021.
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)