FHWA Resource Center - Essential Requirements of the Uniform Act Workshop
hosted by Missouri LTAP in partnership with MoDOT and FHWA
June 10, 2020 * 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
June 11, 2020 * 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Training Location: Greene County Safety Center, EOC Floor, 330 W. Scott St., Springfield, MO 65802
Hotel Room Block: Drury Hotels & Suites, 2715 N. Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65802
Group Number: 2410327 - block cut-off date - May 12th
Call: 800.325.0720 or online reservation HERE
Room Rate: $96.00/night with free continental breakfast
LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED BOTH DAYS
About the Workshop: This comprehensive workshop begins with an introduction to the Federal-aid right-of-way process and the fundamentals of complying with the Uniform Act, Federal Highway regulations and any State laws, regulations or requirements. Then, participants will test what they have learned with hands-on activities to reinforce key course concepts.
• Essential early project coordination
• The concept of valuation and appraisal review process
• Good faith negotiations
• The need for good administrative settlement
• Types of relocation requirements and benefits (residential and business)
• Alternate acquisition procedures
Who should attend?
• Local government employees
• consultants who work in the transportation decision-making process and who acquire or manage real estate for federally funded transportation projects.
• Newcomers to the right-of-way profession
• Acquisition specialists who seek to bolster their understanding of right-of-way fundamentals
• Local government officials interested in participating in federally funded projects with real property acquisitions
• Local government management and staff involved in the Federal-aid real property acquisition