A message to our business partners:
At MoDOT, we continue to evaluate the COVID-19 pandemic and how it is affecting our operations.
We have a Continuity of Operation Plan in place that is designed to keep critical functions going. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and the Office of Administration. As such, we are encouraging social distancing and remote working to reduce personal contact as much as possible, so in person meetings will be reduced. When possible, we will use videoconferencing and teleconferencing to conduct our business. We are also limiting travel when and where practical.
At this time, we are continuing the design and construction of the state's road and bridge projects. In addition, because we have electronic processing, we intend to proceed with future bid openings.
To reduce personal contact as outlined by CDC guidelines, MoDOT will conduct all pre-bid and pre-construction meetings virtually (video or teleconference) until further notice. MoDOT staff will coordinate with industry on the details of these meetings as needed.
- Future bid openings and award dates will be held according to the current schedule.
- Payments to contractors and consultants will not be affected.
- MoDOT staff will use the CDC guidelines concerning social distancing. Pre-bid and pre-construction conferences where several people are participating, as well as project public meetings, will be held virtually or postponed. Small group interactions regarding project design or construction should employ social distancing guidelines.
- Contract inspection and administration and consultant and professional services activities will move forward but will be conducted virtually or adhere to social distancing guidelines for interactions.
- If specific circumstances for a contractor or consultant arise related to workforce availability, we will work with the company to find a suitable resolution.
Please reach out to your typical contacts should you have any questions regarding project design and construction. You can also contact Dave Ahlvers, Construction and Materials Engineer, at 573-751-7455 or David.Ahlvers@modot.mo.gov or Travis Koestner, State Design Engineer, at 573-526-0245 or Travis.Koestner@modot.mo.gov for general program delivery questions. General questions related to COIVD-19 as it relates to MoDOT Business can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our thoughts are with you and your families, friends and co-workers at this challenging and stressful time. We will keep you informed moving forward as to any changes that might affect our business operations and our partnerships with you. We are all in this together, and together we will make it through. Please stay healthy and safe and let us know how best we can help you be productive and profitable in light of this pandemic situation.