This project will replace the current bridge with a new higher, wider and longer bridge.
- Replace Missouri Route 96 bridge over White Oak Creek east of Avilla
- New bridge will be two feet higher, 16 feet wider, 15 feet longer
- Current bridge was built in 1925 with extensive rehabilitation in 1955
- Approximately 3,800 vehicles per day cross bridge (22 percent is truck traffic)
Construction contract: Awarded in April 2022
Estimated Total Project Cost: $2.4 million
- Bridge will be CLOSED for up to 120 days
- Drivers will be directed along the following signed detour:
- Eastbound Route 96 traffic detoured south on I-49 in Carthage and east on I-44 at Exit 46
- Drivers wishing to travel westbound on Route 96 detoured west on I-44 to northbound I-49 at Exit 18 to Route 96 at Exit 53 in Carthage
Jasper County – The Missouri Route 96 bridge over White Oak Creek east of Avilla will be CLOSED for up to 120 days beginning the week of June 6, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
This bridge is included in Gov. Mike Parson’s $351...
Jasper County – The public is invited to a virtual (online) public meeting starting Monday, February 7, to learn more about a project to replace the Missouri Route 96/White Oak Creek bridge, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.