2019 Northwest Missouri Flooding
Missouri flooded road and restoration information.
Northwest Missouri Flooding Information, Closures and Detours
To see all flooded roads, visit our Traveler Information Map online.
- Interstate 29 now OPEN north of St. Joseph.
- 12-foot width restriction in place
- Head-to-head traffic approximately 8 miles north of the Iowa/Missouri border
- No facilities available between U.S. Route 136 at Rock Port, MO and U.S. Route 34 at Glenwood, IA
- U.S. Route 65 CLOSED south of Carrollton to Waverly
- U.S. Route 59 now OPEN to one-lane traffic (with temporary traffic signals) from Rushville to Atchison, KS
- U.S. Route 159 CLOSED from Big Lake to Rulo, NE - river crossing.
- U.S. Route 136 CLOSED from Rock Port to Brownville, NE - river crossing.
Roadway Restoration Information:
State Information Resources:
Northwest Missouri Flooding News
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Interstate 29 continues to remain closed north of St. Joseph at the 57 mile marker, with the exeption of local traffic accessing their homes and businesses. For updated information regarding route restoration and flooding, visit the...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Flooding along the Missouri River has devastated parts of Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas. Travel in Northwest Missouri and Southwest Iowa continues to be affected by flooding, debris and damage left behind. Interstate 29...
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Flooding along the Missouri River has devastated parts of Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas. In addition to the continued closure of Interstate 29 and many other routes throughout Northwest Missouri, receding floodwaters in...
ST. JOSEPH –Buchanan County Route 45 is now closed from the intersection of U.S. Route 59 to Platte County Woolston Road due to flooding.
For the most up-to-date information on this flooding event, visit:
Click the link below for information regarding how to become a MoDOT vendor, bid opening information, plans and several other resources.