2019 Northwest Missouri Flooding
Last updated: November 1, 2019
Nov. 1, 2019 - Interactive Map Updated, U.S. Route 59 in Buchanan County now open to two-lane traffic
Oct. 31, 2019 - U.S. Route 159 from Route 111 to the Missouri River NOW OPEN
Oct. 31, 2019 - Route 111 between U.S. Route 159 and Route 118 NOW OPEN
Coming soon: Winter plans and photos taken Nov. 13, 2019
Northwest Missouri Flooding Information, Closures and Detours
To see all flooded roads, visit our Traveler Information Map online.
All Missouri River crossings OPEN as of 10/31/2019
- U.S. Route 136 NOW OPEN from Rock Port to Brownville, NE (includes Missouri River bridge) - opened 10/17/2019
- U.S. Route 159 NOW OPEN from Route 111 at Big Lake to Rulo, NE (includes Missouri River bridge) - opened 10/31/2019
- U.S. Route 59 NOW OPEN in Buchanan County between Route 45 and Atchison, KS (includes Missouri River bridge) - opened to two-lane traffic 11/1/2019
- U.S. Route 65 now OPEN from Carrollton to Waverly.
Other major routes in Northwest Missouri:
- Interstate 29 now OPEN north of St. Joseph. Opened June 18 to all traffic.
State Information Resources:
Northwest Missouri Flooding News
CARROLLTON, Mo. – Missouri Route 10 has reopened after the return of high water across the road briefly closed the road. The Missouri Department of Transportation closed Missouri Route 10 yesterday west of Carrollton between County Road 191 and...
ST. JOSEPH –Buchanan County U.S. Route 59 closed this morning, Tuesday, Sept. 24, from Route 45 at Rushville to Atchison, Kansas due to flooding. Motorists may utilize U.S. Route 36 into Kansas as an alternate route.
For the most up-to-date...
CARROLLTON, Mo. – Due to the return of high water across the road, crews from the Missouri Department of Transportation closed Missouri Route 10 today west of Carrollton. The road is closed until further notice between County Road 191 and County Road...
FORTESCUE, Mo. – After just two weeks of being open, crews from the Missouri Department of Transportation closed both lanes of U.S. Route 159 from Rulo, NE to Route 111 and Route 111 from U.S. Route 159 to Route 118 this evening after floodwaters...