SIKESTON- The Missouri Department of Transportation will hold an open-house community briefing to discuss upcoming Safe & Sound bridge improvement projects in Stoddard County. The briefing will be held on Thursday, Feb. 10 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Bearcat Event Center at Dexter High School, 1001 West Grant Street.
"Those interested in the upcoming projects can stop by anytime between 4 and 6 p.m. to discuss the project plans with a member of the Safe & Sound team," said Southeast Regional Field Engineer Andy Meyer.
Eight Stoddard County bridges are scheduled for replacement in 2011, including:
- S0743: Route 91 Little River
- N0403: LRDD Ditch No. 11
- N0882: Route BB Castor River
- L0778: Route 60 E Lick Creek
- L0783: Route 60 E Drainage Ditch
- L0917: Route 60 W CC Dist. 7 Lateral Ditch No. 2
- A0030: Route 60 W UP Railroad
- L0916: Route 60 W LRDD No. 37
Work on some of the Safe & Sound bridges listed above could begin as early as this March.
Once the remaining eight projects have been completed, Safe & Sound will have improved a total of 25 Stoddard County bridges.
Online Meeting Information: