Project Freeway Milestones
The district prepares request for qualifications and request for proposal documents.
An informational meeting for potential design-build teams interested in the project held.
January through April 2014
Evaluation process for design-build teams and their proposals.
Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awards contract.
A design public meeting held.
Construction begins on the project.
Project is completed.
- Build an interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 253 -- COMPLETED
- Build an interchange at Route 60 and Routes B/VV -- COMPLETED
- Build a modified interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 247 -- COMPLETED
- Build two-way backage roads with one-way outer road -- COMPLETED
- Widen Farm Road 253 between Route 60 and Center Street -- COMPLETED
- Reconfigure intersection of Route VV and Redbud Street -- COMPLETED
- Add center turn lane on Route VV south of Route 60 -- COMPLETED
- Improve the intersection of Route VV and Johnstown Drive -- COMPLETED
- Add turn lanes on Route 60 at Chicory Road and at Peck Hollow Road -- COMPLETED
- Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $35 million.
- Convert U.S. 60 into a freeway between County Road 241 on the west and near Chicory Road on the east, providing two points of controlled access to U.S. 60 in the vicinity of Greene County Farm Road 253 and Webster County Route B/VV.
- Engage stakeholders and the community to develop and deliver the project while minimizing impacts.
- Impress our customers through innovative traffic control solutions that conveniently, efficiently and safely move drivers through the project during and after construction.
- Create a new model for purchasing right-of-way on a design-build project.
- Complete the project by December 2016.
The project was designed and built by Ozark Regional Road Constructors (ORRC), a team of engineering and construction companies:
- Radmacher Brothers Excavating Company, Inc., Pleasant Hill, MO
- Reynolds, Smith & Hills, Inc., Jacksonville, FL
- CFS Engineers, Kansas City, MO
- Palmerton & Parrish, Inc., Springfield, MO
- TREKK Design Group, LLC, Kansas City, MO
- Hg Consult, Inc., Kansas City, MO