SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on March 10. Awarded contracts include overlays, a bridge replacement and sidewalk improvements.
Contracts include the following:
• A $3,279,000 contract was awarded to PACE Construction Company for resurfacing, adding shoulders and rumble strips on Route 34 in Reynolds and Wayne Counties from County Road 580 to County Road 431.
• A $2,367,525 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Construction Company for:
o Pavement improvements on Route 77 from Route 25 to County Road 242 in Cape Girardeau and Scott Counties;
o Pavement improvements on Route 77 from Route 61 to Route D in Scott County; and
o Pavement improvements on Route 62 from Route AA to Route B in Scott and Mississippi Counties.
• A $521,906 contract was awarded to Joe's Bridge & Grading, Inc., for a bridge replacement over Lateral Ditch #4 on Route C in Mississippi County.
• A $1,503,000 contract was awarded to Pace Construction Company for:
o Pavement improvements on Route PP from Route 61 to Route N in Scott County;
o Pavement improvements on Route D from Route 77 to Route N in Scott County;
o Pavement improvements to Route N from Route D to Charleston, Mo.; and
o Pavement improvements to Route N from the beginning of state maintenance to Route E.
• An $891,000 contract was awarded to Pace Construction Company for:
o Pavement and sidewalk improvements to Route 25 from Jackson, Mo., to Route K in Cape Girardeau County; and
o Pavement improvements to Route Y from Route 61 to Route V in Cape Girardeau County.
• A $548,000 contract was awarded to Pace Construction Company for pavement improvements to Route A from Route 49 to Route 67 in Wayne County.
Additional information, regarding timelines and impacts to traffic, will be released prior to the start of construction.
Work zones will be marked with signs as work is underway. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and plan for possible delays. MoDOT will alert drivers prior to any changes in traffic.
For more information, please contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive