SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded several contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on March 6. Awarded contracts include construction of a roundabout, a bridge deck replacement, diamond grinding, asphalt resurfacing and a bridge replacement. Contracts include the following:
• A $1,465,295 contract was awarded to Fronabarger Concreters, Inc., to construct a roundabout at the intersection of Route W/Lexington Avenue/Kingsway Drive, construction of a turn lane at the intersection of Kingshighway and Lexington Avenue and capacity improvements on Lexington Avenue between Kingshighway and Abbey Lane in Cape Girardeau County.
• A $382,347 contract was awarded to APAC-Missouri, Inc., for a bridge deck replacement on Route 38 over Woods Fork in Wright County.
• A $482,184 contract was awarded to Interstate Improvement, Inc., for diamond grinding on Route 63 in Howell County from Route 14 to Route 160 and in Texas County from Indian Creek Trails to Hogan Drive.
• A $2,688,000 contract was awarded to PACE Construction Company, LLC., for an asphalt resurface on Route 60 in Howell County in the westbound lanes from the Route 60 Business Ramp to the Texas County line and resurfacing on Route 63 in the southbound lanes from the Route 60/63 interchange to Route P in Howell County.
• A $329,508 contract was awarded to Joe's Bridge & Grading, Inc., for a bridge replacement on Route H over Otter Slough Ditch in New Madrid County.
• A $954,723 contract was awarded to G & M Concrete & Asphalt Co., Inc., for resurfacing on Route 60 in the eastbound lanes from Route 51 to Route F in Stoddard County.
Additional information, regarding timelines and impacts to traffic, will be released prior to the start of construction.
Work zones will be marked with signs as work is underway. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and plan for possible delays. MoDOT will alert drivers prior to any changes in traffic.
For more information, please contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive