SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on April 3. Awarded contracts included signal improvements, bridge improvements and an interchange project.
Projects awarded include:
- A $227,241 contract was awarded to Ewing Signal Construction, LLC, Nixa, Mo., to retrofit a signal in Ava with flashing yellow arrows. The signals are located on Route 5 at the Route 14 intersection.
- A $1,502,845 contract was awarded to Widel, Inc., Blackwater, Mo., to replace the Route H bridge over the Gasconade River located near Manes in Wright County. The project includes replacing the single-lane bridge with a two-lane bridge.
- A $381,674 contract was awarded to Missouri Petroleum Products Company, LLC, St. Louis, Mo., for pavement improvements in Carter, Iron and Reynolds Counties. The project includes applying a seal coat on the following routes:
- Route 49 in Iron County from Route K to the Wayne County line; and
- Route D in Carter and Reynolds Counties from Route 21 to Route 60.
- A $498,701 contract was awarded to Blevins Asphalt Construction Company, Inc., Mt. Vernon, Mo., for pavement improvements in Douglas and Howell Counties. The project includes applying a seal coat on:
- Route 14 in Douglas and Howell Counties from Route 181 to Route 63; and
- Route JJ in Howell County from Route 160 to Route 142.
- A $474,708 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Const. Co./C.B. Equipment Inc., Hannibal, Mo., to replace the Route 91 bridge over Drainage Ditch 2 located near Morley in Scott County.
- A $1,623,517 contract was awarded to APAC-Missouri Inc., Columbia, Mo., for pavement improvements in St. Francois and Ste. Genevieve Counties. The project includes:
- The addition of rumble strips on Route 32 in St. Francois County from Vineyard Road to Route B near Bismarck;
- Adding shoulders on Route 47 from Route 21 to just west of Route E near Bonne Terre; and
- Resurfacing and adding shoulders on Route O from Interstate 55 to Route 32 in Ste. Genevieve County.
- A $5,566,006 contract was awarded to RL Persons Construction Inc., Poplar Bluff, Mo., for the first phase of the Oak Grove Road interchange in Poplar Bluff. The interchange will provide full access between Route 67 and Oak Grove Road.
- A $2,635,212 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for pavement improvements in Bollinger, Cape Girardeau and Stoddard Counties. The project includes:
- Resurfacing and adding shoulders on Route OO from Route 34 to Route Z near Burfordville;
- Resurfacing and adding rumble strips on Route Z from Route F to Route 25 in Gordonville; and
- Resurfacing and adding shoulders and rumble strips on Route C from Route 51 to Route 91 near Advance.
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Civil Rights Notice: Bidding on an ARRA project? Read this first!
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive