SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on June 8. Awarded contracts included guard cable and guard rail repair, pavement improvements and a bridge demolition.
Projects awarded include:
- A $195,500 contract was awarded to D & S Fencing Company, Festus, Mo., for improvements to Interstate highways throughout southeast Missouri. The project includes on-call guard cable and guard rail repair on US 67, Interstate 55, Interstate 57, Interstate 155 and other routes throughout the Southeast District.
- A $15,741,185 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for pavement improvements on north and southbound Interstate 55. The project includes resurfacing the southbound lanes of I-55 from Route 51 in Perryville to US 61 in Fruitland, Mo., and Route 74 in Cape Girardeau, Mo., to Route 77 near the Benton exit. The project also includes resurfacing the northbound lanes from Route 77 near the Benton Exit to Route 74 in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- A $147,814 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Construction Co., Hannibal, Mo., for concrete repairs on southbound Interstate 57. The project includes saw cutting and crack sealing on southbound I-57 from the Mississippi River to County Road 401 near Charleston, Mo.
- A $457,605 contract was awarded to Robertson Contractors, Inc., Poplar Bluff, Mo., for a bridge demolition on Route 67 in Wayne County. The project includes demolition of the bridge over Lake Wappapello north of Route F near Greenville, Mo.
- A $787,471 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for pavement improvements on Route 91 in Stoddard County. The project includes a thin lift overlay of Route 91 from Route 25 to Route 61.
- A $461,512 contract was awarded to Blevins Asphalt Construction Co., Mt. Vernon, Mo., for pavement improvements on Route 153 in Stoddard County. The project includes chip sealing Route 153 from US 60 to Route B near Tallapoosa, Mo.
- A $320,128 contract was awarded to Blevins Asphalt Construction Co., Mt. Vernon, Mo., for pavement improvements on Route OO in St. Francois and Madison Counties. The project includes chip sealing Route OO from Route 32 in Farmington to Route 72 near Fredericktown, Mo.
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Civil Rights Notice: Bidding on an ARRA project? Read this first!
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive