SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on Feb. 4. Awarded contracts included pavement and bridge improvements.
Projects awarded include:
- A $3,693,741 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Const. Co./C.B. Equipment Inc., Hannibal, Mo., for improvements to Route 32 in St. Francois County. Additionally, work will be completed in Iron County. The project includes resurfacing Route 32 from west of Route N in Bismarck to west of Route B in Park Hills. The project also includes resurfacing approximately 25 miles of Route P and seven miles of Route 21 in Iron County.
- A $4,970,184 contract was awarded to Pace Construction Company, LLC, St. Louis, Mo., for improvements in Cape Girardeau, Mississippi, Scott and Stoddard Counties. The project includes resurfacing approximately 35 miles of Route 25 in Cape Girardeau and Stoddard Counties. Additionally, Route 60 in Mississippi County and Route 77 in Scott County will receive improvements. The Route 60 work will extend from Interstate 57 to the Mississippi River Bridge. Improvements to Route 77 will extend from Route 61 to approximately four miles south of Chaffee.
- A $58,000 contract was awarded to Thomas Industrial Coatings, Inc., Pevely, Mo., for the Route 51 bridge over Bois Brule Creek in Perry County. The project includes painting the steel beams on the newly repaired bridge. The deck of the bridge was replaced through the Safe & Sound Bridge Improvement Program in spring 2010. This contract marks the completion of all necessary repair work on this structure.
- for improvements in Butler County. Additionally, the contract includes work on various routes in Reynolds, Carter and Ripley Counties; these counties are in MoDOT's South Central District. The $1,658,162 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Improvements in Butler County will include overlaying approximately 11 miles of Routes W and 142. Work on Route W will extend from Route O to approximately one-fourth mile north of Business 67. Work on Route 142 will extend from Route HH to Route 158. The South Central portion of the project includes overlaying approximately 25 miles of Routes M, N, V, Y and U.
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Civil Rights Notice: Bidding on an ARRA project? Read this first!
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive