SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on Dec. 1. Awarded contracts included intersection improvements, bridge improvements and interchange lighting.
Projects awarded include:
- A $103,625 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for improvements to the Route 61/K/M interchange at Scott City. The project includes coldmilling and resurfacing within the interchange area.
- A $248,727 contract was awarded to Penzel Construction Company Inc., Jackson, Mo., for improvements to Route 51 in Bollinger County. The project includes replacing the bridge over East Fork Longs Creek near Patton. The new bridge will be 25-feet wide.
- A $3,562,170 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for improvements to Route 67 in Wayne County. The project includes resurfacing from the Madison County line to south of Route JJ near Greenville.
- A $1,891,832 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Const. Co./C.B. Equipment Inc., Hannibal, Mo., for improvements to Route 67 in Madison County. The project includes resurfacing from south of Route C to the Wayne County line.
- A $266,385 contract was awarded to Cotner Electric Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for improvements to Interstate 55 in Pemiscot County. The project includes installing interchange lighting at Routes O, E, U and A near Hayti.
- A $1,483,277 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for improvements to Routes 105 and 62 in Mississippi County. The project includes resurfacing Route 105 from Route 62 to south of Interstate 57 in Charleston. Work on Route 62 will include coldmilling and resurfacing from east of Finney Street to Monsanto Road in Charleston. Additionally, pedestrian signal buttons will be added at the Route 105/62 intersection.
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Civil Rights Notice: Bidding on an ARRA project? Read this first!
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive