SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on May 6. Awarded contracts included bridge and pavement improvements.
Projects awarded include:
- A $1,120,978 contract was awarded to Penzel Construction Company Inc., Jackson, Mo., for improvements to four bridges in the Southeast District. Bridges to be improved include:
- Route B Little Muddy Creek Bridge in Bollinger County;
- Route W Little River Ditch Bridge in New Madrid County;
- Route EE Little River Ditch #294 Bridge New Madrid County; and
- Route W Drainage Ditch #45 Bridge in New Madrid County.
- A $16,085,635 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Construction Co./C.B Equipment Inc., Hannibal, Mo., for improvements to Interstate 55 in Pemiscot County. Funding for this project was received through the passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- A $626,982 contract was awarded to Lead Belt Materials Company, Inc., Park Hills, Mo., for improvements to Route 47 from Washington County line to west of the intersection of Route E near Bonne Terre and overlaying Route 47 from west of the intersection of Route E to east of the Route 67 interchange in Bonne Terre. The Perry County portion of the work includes overlaying Route H from east of the intersection of Route 61 to the intersection of Route 51 near McBride.
- A $945,991 contract was awarded to G & M Concrete and Asphalt Co., Inc., Troy, Mo., for improvements to the following routes:
- Route D from Route U near Caruthersville to Route 164 near Brasher;
- Route 164 from Route D near Brasher to the end of the pavement near the City of Cottonwood Point; and
- Route DD from Route 164 near Cottonwood Point to the Arkansas State line south of Tyler.
- A $323,080 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., Cape Girardeau, Mo., for improvements to Route 62 in Mississippi County. The project will include overlaying Route 62 near the City of Bertrand to the City of Charleston.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Civil Rights Notice: Bidding on an ARRA project? Read this first!
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive