SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on Feb. 8. Awarded contracts included guardrail and guard cable repairs, pavement improvements and bridge.
Projects awarded include:
- A contract was awarded to Collins & Hermann Inc., St. Louis, Mo., for on-call guardrail repair in Mississippi, Perry, Cape Girardeau, Ste. Genevieve and Scott counties on Interstate 55 and on I-57. On-call guardrail repairs are also included for New Madrid and Pemiscot counties on I-55 from I-57. On-call guard cable repairs in Cape Girardeau and Scott counties are also included. On-call guardrail and guard cable repairs are included for Route 67 in Madison and St. Francois counties from the Jefferson County line to Route E near Fredericktown; and
- A $2,571,078 contract was awarded to G & M Concrete & Asphalt Co., Inc., Troy, Mo., for pavement improvements and diamond grinding concrete surfaces on Route 25 from Holcomb to Kennett and on Route 84 within the City of Kennett. Curb ramps will also be installed on sidewalks extending from the Michael/Floyd street intersection to the shopping centers near the intersection of Routes 84/25 and 412.
- A $304,796 contract was awarded to ASA Asphalt, Inc., Advance, Mo., for building a two way left turn lane and extending an existing box culvert south of Route 91 on Route 25 in Advance, Mo.
- A $9,272,909 contract was awarded to Iron Mountain Trap Rock Co., Iron Mountain, Mo., for grading, work on bridge approach slabs and paving in the northbound lanes of Interstate 57.
- A $6,669,490 contract was awarded to G & M Concrete & Asphalt Co., Inc., Troy, Mo., for resurfacing, improved shoulders, rumble strips and striping on Route 61 from Route OO near Bloomsdale to Route 34 in Jackson, Mo.
- A $1,118,236 contract was awarded to Goodwin Bros. Construction, Co., Crystal City, Mo., for replacing the bridge over Establishment Creek on Route 61 near Bloomsdale, Mo.
- A $284,804 contract was awarded to Joe's Bridge & Grading, Inc., Poplar Bluff, Mo., for replacing the bridge over Caney Creek north of New Hamburg with a precast-prestressed concrete box girder bridge on Route A in Scotty County.
- A $2,390,969 contract was awarded to Joe's Bridge & Grading, Inc., Poplar Bluff, Mo., for improvements to the St. Francis River Bridge and Big River Bridge on Route 67, Route O Koen Creek Bridge, and Route F Wolf Creek Bridge.
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission also awarded one of the first Economic Recovery Projects in the nation on Feb. 1, 2009.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Civil Rights Notice: Bidding on an ARRA project? Read this first!
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive