Webster County – The Webster County Route CC Bridge over Niangua Branch east of Marshfield will CLOSE the week of May 9 for a bridge replacement project, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
The bridge replacement will requiring Route CC to be closed for up to four months to allow contractors crews to lengthen the bridge and raise it to a height by 5 feet above the current bridge. During the bridge closing, a signed detour will be in place using several state routes in the area.
- Route CC Bridge CLOSED over Niangua Branch east of Marshfield
- Drivers will have access to entrances at either end of the bridge but will not be able to drive through the work zone
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers to the closure
- Drivers will be directed to a signed detour using Route CC, I-44 , Route J, and Route ZZ.
The current bridge was built in 1923. Approximately 3804 vehicles per day travel across the bridge. The current structure is in poor condition and in need of frequent repairs.
Weather and/or construction delays could alter the work schedule.
- Contractor: Hartman & Company Inc., Springfield
- Completion date: November 1, 2022
- Estimated total cost: $1,076,000
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)