Diggins & Fordland, Webster County – Area residents are invited to a public meeting to discuss three proposed projects to reduce traffic delays and increase safety at U.S. Route 60 and the intersections of Webster County Route A in Diggins and Route Z in Fordland, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
The come-and-go style meeting will be held 4:30 – 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 26, at Diggins Baptist Church, 3700 Normandy Road, Seymour. NO FORMAL PRESENTATION IS PLANNED. Those who attend may come at any time between 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to learn about the projects and ask questions.
Those unable to attend the in-person meeting can view exhibits and get project timeline information by visiting an online public meeting at www.modot.org/southwest.
The meeting will include a 14-day comment period through Monday, May 9. Comments can be submitted by email to email@example.com, an online form found on the online public meeting website or mailed to the MoDOT Southwest District Office, 3025 E. Kearney St., Springfield, MO 65803, postmarked by Monday, May 9.
- New interchange at U.S. Route 60 and Webster County Route A in Diggins
- Build bridge over Route 60 and BNSF Railroad
- Connect Route NN to new Route A interchange
- Possible roundabout at new Route NN/Route A intersection
- Construct south Outer Road between Route Z in Fordland and Route A in Diggins along the south side of BNSF Railroad
- Preliminary layout for new interchange at Route Z and new north Outer Road in Fordland
- Remove 9 railroad crossings: Route NN, Greenbriar Drive, Honor Camp Lane, Tandy Road, Hummingbird Lane, Bluebird Lane, as well as 3 additional private drives
- Remove 9 Route 60 highway intersections/private access: Routes A, NN, O; and Bluebird Lane, Hummingbird Lane (south side), Honor Camp Lane (south side), Greenbriar Drive, as well as 2 private accesses
- Preliminary layout for a new Outer Road in Diggins along the south side of BNSF Railroad
Construction is planned to start in Fall 2024.
Funding for the project is a cost-share between MoDOT, Webster County, BNSF Railroad, and the Consolidated Rail Infrastructure and Safety Improvements Program (CRISI) federal grant through the USDOT Federal Rail Administration. The estimated project cost of Route A interchange and new Outer Road is $25.5 million. The estimated project cost of Route Z interchange is $20.7 million and is currently unfunded.
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)