HANNIBAL – The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded more than $30 million in contracts for Northeast District projects during its regular meeting on January 5. Awarded contracts include projects for resurfacing, pavement, intersection, corridor and sidewalk improvements.
Contracts include the following:
- A $8,555,450 contract was awarded to Emery Sapp & Sons for resurfacing, shoulder and sidewalk improvement projects located on U.S. Route 54/Missouri Route 79 from Routes E/N in Ralls County to just south of the U.S. Route 54 east junction in Louisiana in Pike County. The total length of the improvement is 24.5 miles. Sidewalk improvements are part of MoDOT’s initiative to bring all MoDOT facilities into compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- A $8,499,999 contract was awarded to Magruder Paving for resurfacing projects in the following locations:
- Missouri Route 79 (Lincoln County) from Route N in Winfield to just north of Route C near Old Monroe. The total length of the improvement is 3.7 miles.
- U.S. Route 61 (Pike and Lincoln counties) northbound lanes from Route V in Lincoln County to one-half mile south of Route UU in Pike County near Bowling Green. The total length of the improvement is 25.6 miles.
- A $3,574,336 contract was awarded to Capital Paving and Construction for resurfacing projects in the following locations:
- U.S. Route 24 (Randolph County) resurface and add shoulders from one mile east of U.S. Route 63 to the Monroe County line near Milton. The total length of the improvement is 5.8 miles.
- Route Z (Randolph County) from Route DD to U.S. Route 63 near Cairo. The total length of the improvement is 3.3 miles.
- Route PP (Macon County) from U.S. Route 63 to Route V near Macon. The total length of the improvement is 7.6 miles.
- A $6,167,396 contract was awarded to Emery Sapp and Sons for resurfacing projects in the following locations:
- U.S. Route 54 (Audrain County) from Route J in Mexico to Missouri Route 19 south junction near Martinsburg. The total length of the improvement is 11.6 miles.
- Route J (Audrain County) from Business U.S. Route 54 in Mexico to U.S. Route 54 at Basinger Corner. The total length of the improvement is 17.8 miles.
- Route KK (Audrain County) from Route J to Route B near Rush Hill. The total length of the improvement is 6.7 miles.
- A $1,397,215 contract was awarded to Bleigh Construction Company for a roundabout/intersection improvement project on Business U.S. Route 61 at the junction of Missouri Route 161 and S. Court St. in Bowling Green in Pike County. This is a cost share project with the City of Bowling Green.
- A $2,035,102 contract was awarded to S&A Equipment and Builders for a corridor improvement project to add a center turn lane and resurface Business Route 63 from the West Outer Road to Missouri Route 6 north junction in Kirksville. The project will also resurface Brewington Avenue from Bus. 63 to Route B in Kirksville. The total length of the improvement is 1.2 miles. This is a Governor’s Cost Share with the City of Kirksville.
All work on these projects will take place in 2022. When start dates are established, MoDOT will alert the public about the project through signs, news releases and social media.
Winter road conditions can be found online at modot.org under the traveler map. Please drive slowly during winter weather. Subscribe to our e-update service and receive road condition emails when winter weather could affect travel, and you can get text alerts on road closures, too! Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @MoDOT_Northeast for road updates.