Lawrence County – The Missouri Route 266 bridge over Billies Creek near Halltown will be CLOSED beginning the week of September 6, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Contractor crews will replace the existing truss bridge with a new structure.
The original bridge was built in 1923 and is in deteriorating condition. Approximately 471 vehicles cross the bridge daily.
- All lanes of Route 266 CLOSED at the bridge for the duration of the project
- Drivers will have access to entrances and driveways at either end of the bridge but will not be able to travel through the work zone
- Drivers will be directed to a signed detour using Missouri Route 96, I-44 and Lawrence County Route Z
- Drivers are urged to find alternate routes around the work zone
Weather and/or unforeseen delays will alter the work schedule.
- Prime Contractor: Mera Excavating LLC, Loose Creek
- Completion Date: December 1, 2021
- Total project cost: $1.1 million
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)