St. Joseph, Mo. – A sidewalk improvement project that was scheduled to begin July 12, in Salisbury, and had been postponed to July 26, has now been rescheduled to start in September, after Labor Day. The project to help ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), partially funded through the Transportation Alternatives Program, with the Missouri Department of Transportation providing the remaining funding, will help pedestrians in Salisbury, Keytesville and Chillicothe enjoy safer walking for recreation or while visiting local businesses.
The Missouri Department of Transportation has contracted with Ti-Zack Concrete, Inc. to complete the improvement project. By contract, all work must be complete on or before October 1, 2021. If the project extends beyond that date, liquidated damages may be assessed.
Areas of improvement, by city:
- West side of Route 129 beginning at Iowa Street and continuing to just north of Lusher Street
- Northeast corner of Route 129 and East 6th Street
- West side of Route 129 from East 6th Street to Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church
- South side of U.S. Route 24 between Cherry and Walnut streets, in front of the Chariton County Courthouse
- South side of U.S. Route 24 between Ridge and Park streets, in front of the Chariton County Health Center
- East side of Route 5 near Bridge Street
- Northwest corner of Route 5 and Bridge Street
- At the corner of Route 190 and Hornet Road
Some lane closures and side street closures will be necessary throughout the project. Motorists are encouraged to use caution and follow all traffic control, flaggers, signs and barricades. Crews will be working in close proximity to the traveling public and their safety is in your hands.
All work is weather-permitting, and schedules are subject to change.
MoDOT asks drivers to work with us by always buckling up, keeping your phone down, slowing down and moving over in work zones. Know before you go and check what work zones you might encounter at traveler.modot.org.
Also at modot.org, sign up online for work zone updates. Information is also available 24/7 at 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636) or via social media.
Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down