Where: Scenic Avenue bridge CLOSED over U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) in Springfield
When: 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 15, until 6 a.m. Friday, June 18
What: Contractor crews cleaning and sealing the Scenic Avenue bridge at night. The work is a preventative maintenance measure aimed at extending the life of the bridge.
- Scenic Avenue bridge CLOSED over Route 60 (James River Freeway)
- Bridge will remain closed ‘round the clock to allow sealing material to cure properly
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes. No signed detours are planned.
- Electronic message boards located near the planned road work will alert drivers to any changes in the work schedule
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
(Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)