Vernon County – The Vernon County Route K bridge over Camp Branch south of Nevada will be CLOSED for up to 90 days beginning the week of June 21, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
This bridge is included in Gov. Mike Parson’s $351 million Focus on Bridges program, which will repair or replace 250 bridges across the state.
Contractor crews will replace the old bridge with a new structure as well as installing new guardrail at the ends of the bridge.
- All lanes of Route K CLOSED over Camp Branch for up to 90 days
- Drivers will be able to access entrances on either end of the bridge, but will not be able to travel through the work zone
- No signed detour
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes around work zone
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zone
(Weather and/or scheduling conflicts could alter the work schedule)
- Prime Contractor: Mera Excavating LLC, Loose Creek
- Completion Date: December 1, 2021
- Total project cost: $1.9 million
- This contract also includes replacement Vernon County Route BB bridge over Moore Branch, which is expected to be completed by late June
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)