Lawrence County – Drivers can expect traffic reduced to one lane and delays on I-44 for pavement repair work at mile marker 47.4 near Mt. Vernon and mile marker 58.0 near Halltown June 21-24, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Contractor crews will be making repairs to smooth the ride over Lawrence County Road 1147 and over Missouri Route 96.
- Eastbound and westbound I-44 lane closures where crews are working
- Expect delays during high traffic volume times
- Contractor will start work at mile marker 47.4 beginning at 7 a.m., Monday, June 21 and work ‘round the clock
- When that work is complete, contractor will move to mile marker 58.0 and work during nighttime hours
- All work will be complete by 6 a.m., Friday, June 25
- Only one lane open in each direction where crews are working
- Speed limit reduced to 60 mph through the work zone
- Drivers are urged to consider alternate routes
Weather and/or construction delays could alter the work schedule.
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)