Where: Southbound lanes of Kansas Expressway (Missouri Route 13) bridge over Route 60 (James River Freeway) in southwest Springfield CLOSED
9 p.m. Friday, May 7, until as late as 6 a.m. Monday, May 10 RESCHEDULED to 9 p.m. Friday, May 14, until 6 a.m. Monday, May 17, due to weather.
What: Contractor crews cleaning and sealing bridge deck/driving surfaces on Kansas Expressway (Route 13) bridge. The work is a preventative maintenance measure aimed at extending the life of the bridge. This work was rescheduled from April 16-19 due to weather.
- Southbound lanes of Kansas Expressway (Route 13) bridge CLOSED over Route 60 (James River Freeway)
- Northbound lanes of Kansas Expressway (Route 13) bridge open
- Lanes will remain closed ‘round the clock to allow sealing material to cure properly
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes. No signed detours are planned.
- Electronic message boards located near the planned road work will alert drivers to any changes in the work schedule
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
(Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)