Polk County – The Missouri Route 123 bridge over Barren Creek near Fair Play will CLOSE the week of March 15 for a bridge replacement project, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
The bridge replacement will requiring Route 123 to be closed for up to three months to allow contractors crews to replace and widen the bridge to 26 feet. During the bridge closing, a signed detour will be in place using several state routes in the area.
- Route 123 CLOSED at Barren Creek
- Drivers will have access to entrances at either end of the bridge but will not be able to drive through the work zone
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers to the closure
- Drivers will be directed to a signed detour using Route 32, Route 245 and Route 215
The current bridge was built in 1948. Approximately 514 vehicles per day travel across the bridge. The current structure is in poor condition and in need of frequent repairs.
This bridge is included in Gov. Mike Parson’s $351 million Focus on Bridges program, which will repair or replace 250 bridges across the state.
Weather and/or construction delays could alter the work schedule.
- Contractor: Hartman & Company Inc., Springfield
- Completion date: December 1, 2021 (Contractor plans to be completed by mid-June)
- Estimated total cost: $599,300
- Project Page: https://www.modot.org/missouri-route-123-bridge-replacement.
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)