What: U.S. Route 60/Missouri Route 413 and Missouri Route 174 Intersection left and right turn lanes closed in Republic
When: Beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday, February 24
Details: Contractor crews installing the left and right turn lane traffic detection system on the signal arms. The new signal detection system is to be operational the week of March 1, which will require the signals to be off (dark) for a short period of time. Law enforcement will help provide traffic control.
- Route 60/413 and Route 174 intersection left and right turn lanes closed one at a time where crews are working
- Route 60/413 and Route 174 intersection thru lanes will remain open
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes
- No signed detours are planned
- Traffic delays are expected
- The work is part of a project that includes resurfacing and safety improvements at the Route 60/413 and Route 174 intersection in Republic. The project will consolidate the two existing intersections of Route 60/413 and Route 174 into one intersection.
- Intersection project overall completion scheduled for May 2021
- The prime contractor is Journagan Construction of Springfield
- The total project cost is $4 million
Weather and/or scheduling conflicts could alter the work schedule.
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)